We actively seek a VP, Chief of Staff, CIO & CPO resident in our Pleasanton, CA office OR Remote, USA.
Company views all employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team-oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work-hard, play-hard corporate environment.
The VP, Chief of Staff reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) & Chief People Officer (CPO) is a highly visible role that acts as a force multiplier ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in developing and driving the strategic business agenda for the six organizations managed by the Chief Information Officer, Chief People Officer & Executive Vice President, Global Security, Facilities, Quality & Internal Audit.
The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of a rapidly growing and evolving organization and have hands-on experience with strategy, business development, and project management and should exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational agility to influence decisions and impact change.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Save executive time
The goal is to successfully implement strategies to free-up the schedule of the Chief Information Officer, Chief People Officer, Executive Vice President allowing for time to concentrate on the tasks of highest value.
- Support the coordination and preparation for all meetings/events chaired and/or attended by the CIO, CPO, EVP. Including but not limited to staff meetings, QBRs, team meetings/offsites
- Research and create presentations, executive briefings, financial reporting, and monthly or quarterly business reviews while partnering with other business areas on technical projects and initiatives
- Prepare presenters, review presentations for clarity and appropriate asks/outcomes
- Prepare executive communications
- Act as interim leader of a group or team to cover executive departures or leaves
- Meet with external parties (partners, clients, vendors) in situations that might not require a meeting with the CIO, CPO, EVP or when the CIO, CPO, EVP not available
Drive projects, get things done
The goal is to tackle projects that are stalled or not being addressed. Examples include:
- Help a specific function with work they do not have the bandwidth to take on additional projects
- Drive initiatives that cut across functions and teams
- Coordinate special projects
- Research, perform benchmarking, analyze data, and make recommendations.
- Propose the creation of new systems and processes to streamline operations.
Help the CIO, CPO, EVP keep initiatives on track
The goal is to serve as an extension of the CIO, CPO, EVP – maintain momentum and execution of the CIO, CPO, EVP’s top priorities. Examples include:
- Represent the Office of the CIO, CPO, EVP when the CIO, CPO, EVP is traveling or otherwise not available
- Work off-line to overcome hurdles and objections, keep projects moving forward
- Serve as the key point of contact for outside consultants engaged on projects
Provide strategic insights, framing and guidance on key issues
The goal is to be a trusted resource to the CIO, CPO, EVP and provide analysis and insight on strategic issues and direction. Specifically:
- Be a sounding board for the CIO, CPO, EVP to test ideas, explore options and debate issues
- Use data and analysis to frame business issues for executive decision-makers
- Establish the practice of completed staff work to more efficiently make decisions that stick, and close issues faster
- Help determine key performance indicators and update dashboards as needed.
Stay organized, run smoother
The goal is to make the operation more predictable and run smoother. Examples include:
- Establish operating cadence - weekly, quarterly, and annual cycle
- Facilitate team meetings and offsites
- Coordinate the annual planning cycle
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience required, MBA desirable.
- Pleasanton, CA OR Remote, USA
- A successful track record in similar role for 500+ million-dollar revenue companies with multiple CEOs and GMs, across good times, bad times and through transitions.
- 10+ years of experience working directly for C-level executives, and with multiple groups and functions
- 10+ years of experience in enterprise technology companies, prefer experience in high-growth software or software-related services businesses.
- Demonstrated results in leading cross-functional teams to execute projects and corporate initiatives and meet broad business goals.
- Proven high integrity, professionalism, maturity, and discretion to handle and manage the full scope of highly sensitive, confidential, and non-public information that is dealt with by the Office of CIO, CPO, EVP.
- Proven business judgement and acumen to help outline options and recommend solutions for the CIO, CPO, EVP.
- A proven team player that takes a collaborative approach to tackling issues and problem-solving.
- Ability to develop executive relationships, build rapport and trust, and influence decision-makers
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, and the ability to combine and balance with qualitative analyses You have proven deep understanding of these key dimensions of strategy, operations, interpersonal and technical competencies.