SWBC has been recognized as one of the Best Companies to Work for in Texas and has an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join an energetic and seasoned team, with an established and expanding national firm.
Headquartered in San Antonio, SWBC is a diversified financial services company providing a wide range of insurance, mortgage, and investment services to financial institutions, businesses, and individuals. With offices across the country, SWBC is committed to providing quality products, outstanding service, and customized solutions in all 50 states.
This position is a key enabler of the Company's information security, technology procurement, and risk management strategies. This position will primarily evaluate technology procurement requests and business use cases and translate them into actionable requirements; review new and legacy contracts and agreements; facilitate contract negotiations between internal stakeholders and technology vendors; ensure adequate security, privacy and resiliency reviews are completed; and recommend risk mitigation controls to protect the Company.
- Serves as the enterprise lead to coordinate technology procurement reviews. Provides advice on technology sourcing/procurement as a subject matter expert to internal business stakeholders; collaborates with legal, compliance, vendor management, information security, accounting, technology, and other stakeholders to ensure contracts meet security, privacy, compliance, legal, regulatory, and client requirements.
- Supports rapid enterprise technology procurement by drafting, reviewing, redlining, and negotiating a wide variety of technology contracts, agreements, statements of work, amendments, addenda, and other documents from opportunity assessment to execution. Leads competitive sourcing engagements through the translation of business objectives into defined requirements. Drives the creation and analysis of technology Requests for Proposal (RFP), Proofs of Concept (POC), and similar solution analysis activities.
- Evaluates quotations, proposals, and bids with technology and business stakeholders to collaboratively recommend the best solutions as a combined element of product, vendor, service, quality, terms, and pricing. Leads negotiations with technology vendors and suppliers to arrive at the most favorable contract, service, and pricing outcomes across Master Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Service Orders, and similar contracts documents.
- Serves as a key advisor and liaison between information technology and business units to assist stakeholders in interpreting and reviewing technology contracts and agreements. Clarifies the scope and need for specific technology procurement initiatives while recommending contract improvements as part of the review process.
- Partners with project managers as required to plan and deliver new technology projects on schedule and within a defined scope.
- Develops and maintains relevant analytics and metrics across relevant procurement categories. Produces regular procurement status reports, key performance indicators (KPIs), procurement risk register, and business continuity plan to sustain the technology procurement process.
- Updates tracking systems for all technology procurement requests and tracks technology cost savings for stakeholders. Identifies areas of consolidation and cost savings across technology products and preferred vendors/resellers.
- Recommends and helps implement changes in policies, processes, and procedures. Documents technology procurement processes and creates policies, procedures, and guidelines related to technology contracts and procurement.
- Communicates technology procurement procedures and operating standards to stakeholders throughout the organization. Develops internal relationship manager playbooks, checklists, and training
- Manages contract disputes to resolve issues with the best possible outcome for the Company.
- Maintains and improves individual skill set by seeking out training in response to emerging procurement trends and strategies within the field; suggests tangible improvements to corporate operations where beneficial; and strategizes on continuous improvement of review processes and workflows.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Procurement, Contract Law, Information Technology, or related field of study from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience with procurement life cycle management in the technology industry and detailed knowledge of technology subscription models, cloud services, and outsourcing is required.
- Experience negotiating at the highest levels within a vendor.
- Must hold or be able to obtain the Certified Technology Procurement Specialist (CTPS) certification within 6 months and Certified Professional in Supply Management® (CPSM®) within 12 months.
- Certified Technology Procurement Executive (CTPE) is preferred and beneficial.
- Must have negotiation experience and ideally formal negotiation training.
- Must have demonstrated information technology specific contract and contract management experience with strong business acumen and knowledge of non-technical business topics.
- Must have experience in drafting and analyzing contract terms, agreements, statements of work, and related legal documents, especially as it relates to technology contracts.
- Must have demonstrated experience interpreting and working with technology-based contract terms and related documents such as public cloud services, end user license, maintenance, subscription, term of use, and other agreements.
- Must have strong negotiation skills through direct contacts with parties and indirectly through communications with internal counsel and stakeholders to advance organization's interests.
- Must have experience reviewing, editing, and redlining proposals, agreements, statements of work, scopes of work, price sheets, and other documents.
- Must have strong decision-making and problem-solving skills, excellent oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to maintain effective relationships internally and externally with a strong customer service orientation.
- Must have ability to manage relationships with upper management, internal legal counsel, compliance, business stakeholders, and vendors as well as assisting to resolve competing interests between these parties.
- Must have ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure, while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must have seasoned analytical and technical writing skills with a demonstrated ability to research, analyze, and synthesize data and information into concise, easily understood written documents.
- Must have experience across a broad range of goods and services, as well as information technology: hardware, software, software development, professional services, and cloud services.
- Must be an excellent multitasker, not afraid to be at the epicenter of the purchasing process and handle simultaneous requests that vary from basic procurement to complex negotiations.
- Must have demonstrated project management skills with ability to lead multiple, highly visible initiatives.
- Must have demonstrated complex negotiations with suppliers, engaging at senior levels, and executed the contract for delivery hand off.
- Must be detail-oriented ensuring accuracy in cost containment, contract terms, security, and renewals.
- Must be a self-starter and can work independently; have a constant bias towards action. Seeks opportunities to improve processes and better relationships.
- Must be passionate about making an impact through relationship building and collaboration.
- Must be highly data-driven; using industry practices, comparable pricing, sizing deals, and producing metric reporting.
- Must be able to travel locally.
SWBC is a Substance-Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.
Please note, SWBC does not hire tobacco users as allowed by law.
SWBC offers an excellent employee benefits package that includes: 401(k) with company match, medical/dental, Life, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, and Long Term Care insurance policies. SWBC also provides opportunities for professional growth. To learn more about SWBC, visit our website at www.SWBC.com. If interested, please click the appropriate apply button. Only those candidates who meet the minimum requirements need apply.