Technical Support Associate
Level 1 / 2
At Beghou Consulting, we are seeking a hard working individual that can provide level 1 / 2 technical support to employees and assist with infrastructure maintenance and enhancements as skills permit. The individual should strive to become an infrastructure technical lead, work well individually and with the team.
As a Technical Support Associate you will primarily provide technical support to employees in our Evanston headquarters, as well as our satellite offices. The position will require clear and friendly communication to assess issues and deliver solutions in a user-friendly manner to all levels within the firm. The individual will track all incidents to completion including some of which that will need to be delegated to employee specialists. The individual will also build new PCs and train employees on the use of connectivity software in a Windows environment.
To secondarily assist with infrastructure maintenance and enhancements as skills permit with our state-of-the-art technology. This includes support and maintenance of our virtual environment, tiered storage, and backup infrastructure; such as backup and replication maintenance, file recovery and enhancements. On occasion, this will require some flexibility of working hours which are normally 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Monitor and track incidents to provide quality and timely technical support to our headquarter employees as well as our satellite offices.
• Troubleshooting and repair of computer systems and peripheral equipment.
• Perform basic computer hardware and software installations.
• Training users on connectivity software.
Assist with infrastructure maintenance and enhancements as skills permit.
• Monitoring and maintenance of backup & replication jobs and file recovery as needed.
• Monitoring and troubleshooting of system health; adjusting volumes and VMs as needed.
• Infrastructure enhancements such as software & hardware upgrades, performance tuning, etc.
• Associates / Bachelor degree in technical related field or equivalent work experience.
• Certifications desired but not required (CompTIA A+, Network+).
• Familiarity with Active Directory and Windows security/administration.
• Candidate must be able to lift, move and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Beghou Consulting will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
• Applications must include a resume and cover letter expressing interest to be considered.
• Physical / Virtual Server environments (ESXi / VMware)
• Storage area networks (Compellent)
• Backup / Disaster Recovery (DR6000 / NetVault)
• Ticketing system (KACE 1000)
• Windows Imaging/Scripting (K2000)
• Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7/10/Server 2012)
• Office products including Office365
• Networking component/experience preferred (Switches, Appliances, Firewalls)
Beghou Consulting is an innovative management consulting firm specializing in sales and marketing issues in the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical devices industries. We bring a data-driven mindset to all projects and build state-of-the-art analytical models and tools to meet our client’s needs. We have offices in Evanston (IL), Emeryville (CA), New York (NY), Rockville (MD), Durham (NC) and Hyderabad (India).
We offer a competitive compensation package with salary and year-end bonus; medical, dental, and life insurance programs; and 401(k) retirement plan. In addition we offer holiday pay and paid time off