Job Description Summary
This position is contingent upon award
The IT Operations Manager will be responsible for the delivery of IT service and projects from engineering to operations, and is the service owner for all end-user and customer-facing IT services and solutions.
Responsibilities include support for the end-to-end delivery of ITSM services through the application of industry best practices.
•Technical Operations Manager to support our client IT infrastructure support
•Responsibilities include support for the end-to-end delivery of ITSM services through the application of industry best practices
•Responsible for the delivery of IT services and support to DHS customers
•Works closely with client to support effective delivery of the following
•Maintain a stable, cost effective and secure IT environment
•Provide quality, timely and cost efficient maintenance
•Protect and present client information that facilitates the client mission and modernize technology to meet business demands in a cost effective manner
•Includes all facets of operations for computer, network, communications, and hardware and software infrastructure technologies
Education and Experience
•Bachelor of Science in Technical Field
•10+ years of relevant IT INF O&M experience preferred
•Ability to obtain a U.S. Secret clearance or higher
•Experience with: + Networking + Various OS: Linux, Mac, Windows, VMWare, KVM + Virtualization/Containerization + SharePoint
•AWS/Azure implementation/troubleshooting + Networking (Juniper or Cisco) + MCSE + Security+ IaaS + IaaC
Successful delivery of these IT services includes the following high-level objectives:
• Continual modernization of the Customer’s portfolio of IT systems
• Delivery of enterprise-wide and scalable IT solutions
• Manage and support geographically dispersed workforce
• Balance technical and strategic support activities to fulfill client missions
• Effective cost management and full accountability and apportionment
• Maintain secure operational environment
• Effective application of service cost and service management practices to achieve full cost transparency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Project Management team in the planning, monitoring and execution of all projects within the portfolio.
- Build project management expertise within the team and develop best practices.
- Coordinate and evaluate the work of the Project Management team.
- Ensure exposure to risk is minimized on all projects.
- Provide accurate and timely communication to leadership regarding risks, issues and plans to address each.
- Based on lessons learned, provides recommendations to leadership to improve business and project processes to achieve improved results.
- Develop and provide education and training to non- PMO employees regarding PMO processes.
- Able to travel occasionally.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Able to occasionally lift, carry, or otherwise move items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of project management experience.
- Deliver a single large project or multiple smaller projects at the same time.
- Make informed decisions and ensure adherence to budgets.
- Recommend innovative methodologies, techniques, and criteria for projects.
- Knowledge of workflows and project mapping.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities.
- Communicate updates and project status effectively and efficiently.
Since 1975, MAXIMUS has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs. MAXIMUS delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability and efficiency of government-sponsored programs. With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, MAXIMUS is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and the United Kingdom. For more information, visit https://www.maximus.com.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.