Senior Data Center Analyst
We are currently seeking a seasoned Analyst for a 12+ contractual opportunity (strong possibilities for extensions) with our client in Durham, NC. This is an URGENT need and the hiring team is looking to move quickly – local candidates only please. The qualified candidate will be a team/project leader on one or more initiatives or projects along with play a proactive role in developing and applying new approaches to data center management.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8am – 5pm
- Provides limited guidance and leadership to lower level team members; develops and conducts technical training programs
- Supports multiple activities related to the Data Center infrastructure
- Performs data analysis and provides recommendations in presentation format in support of IT projects
- Evaluates implemented solutions and practices, identifies opportunities and recommends solutions for continuous improvements
- Performs a variety of complex tasks with regards to the development of processes, procedures, automation tool implementation, and deployment of software tools
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of information systems technology
- Works with users, cross-functional technical staffs and all levels of management to translate requirements into documented processes and procedures
- Acts as liaison with other cross-functional groups and management personnel to ensure accuracy and timeliness of production and nonproduction activities
- Provides operational support for data backups and specific software products and tools deployed within data center
- 2-5+ years of related experience in a professional role preferably with a BA/BA Degree
- Solid knowledge and extensive Data Center experience with a proficient understanding of IT / Data Center processes and procedures
- Requires an in depth knowledge of production processes and a thorough understanding of server and storage hardware
- Knowledge of Data Centers such as servers/storage/etc.
- Thorough understanding of network hardware and structured cabling
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical critical systems components
- Ability to analyze information and draw accurate conclusions along with the ability to prioritize projects and/or deliverables
- Must have solid Excel skills (vlookups, formulas, can pull reports and compare data, etc.)
- Basic SQL skills i.e. ability to run a basic query and run reports (DBA not required).
- Must have strong attention details and solid communication skills.
- Knowledge of data center power capacity management (power per rack, ability to determine if a rack has more space power and cooling capacity) is highly desired.
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.