Apex Systems, the nation’s second largest IT staffing firm, is looking for an AWS Engineer supporting one of our government clients in Columbia, MD. Please find the details below.
If interested, please email your word resume to Tessa Moulds, Government Services Recruiter, via [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
The AWS System Engineer will ensure the system’s high availability and maintain program Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). This position’s key responsibilities include create, maintain and deploy AWS API Gateway resource for Microservices endpoints and portal system administration, managing dev/ops, and managing AWS. The ideal candidate should have experience operating multi-account AWS environments, interacting effectively with customers and development teams, gathering and analyzing requirements for the design of new systems and infrastructure. In this role, there will be collaboration with developers and other technology personnel to develop, migration and management of services in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud environment, and in physical data centers. The candidate will be part of the operations team supporting development, testing, QA and production environments. Must have the ability to see big picture requirements and distill them into concrete tasks and execute on them with some guidance and oversight in a timely fashion.
Role and Responsibilities
- Creates and manages cloud compute, storage, and other cloud services in system on AWS
- Creates automation for provisioning, decommissioning, deploying services, and security patching’s
- Understands and contributes solutions within existing hybrid IT architecture, along with identifying opportunities to reduce existing data center footprint through cloud-based solutions
- Deploys and manages Docker Container Microservices with AWS services like ECS, Fargate and ECR
- Manages development repositories, build automation and application deployment activities using CI/CD/CT pipelines
- Proactively stays abreast of new AWS offerings and services
- Works with Infrastructure, Architecture, and Development teams to assure quality project delivery and ongoing support
- Works with AWS support to escalate the problems to find the product limitation solutions.
- Maintains technical documentation for support and disaster recovery needs
- Meets or exceeds SLAs on resolving open help desk incidents or requests
- Estimates AWS costs and implementing cost optimization mechanisms
- Identifies potential scaling issues and help define how to monitor and fix them
- Delivers continuous improvement of recipes, scripts and templates for reproducible deployments
- Participates in an on-call rotation- 24x7 environment
- Works well as a team member in a fast-paced and often time-sensitive environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, related field or equivalent experience.
- 6 plus years of AWS Cloud experience as a System Engineer
- 5 plus year of AWS DevOps engineer
- 5 years of experience supporting a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers, involving at least hundreds of servers
- 3 years of hands-on experience integrating with micro services as a SaaS
- Proficiency in any two Infrastructure as Code script languages, along with shell and python scripting
- Proven experience with Automation of Microservices deployment and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of common Linux distributions (CentOS, Debian, etc.)
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with monitoring technologies, such as Chartbeat, ExtraHop, NewRelic, and splunk Experience or familiarity with Git version management servers
- Thorough understanding of fundamental internet protocols such as DNS, HTTP, and TCP
- Understanding of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Big Data solutions
Desired Education and Experience
- US citizen or a Green Card holder
- Experience in CMS or with health care organizations
- AWS DevOps certifications
- AWS Experience using AWS FedRamp services
- Okta/Saviynt experience or certification
- WebSphere portal server administration experience
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178