Our client, a world leading Pharmaceutical Company in Pearl River, NY is currently looking for a Research Scientist / Animal Studies to join their expanding team.
- Job Title: Research Scientist / Animal Studies
- Duration: 12 months contract, extendable up to 18 months
- Location: Pearl River, NY, 10965
- Client has the right-to-hire you as a permanent employee at any time during or after the end of contract.
- You may participate in the company group medical insurance plan
- The incumbent will be a research scientist with experience in use of laboratory animals for the study of vaccine immune studies. This individual will support and assist colleagues through completion of animal studies for evaluation of the safety and preclinical efficacy of key vaccine candidates, requiring the use of an array of laboratory animals.
- Individual should have high technical competence in handling lab animals. The incumbent will be required to work closely with team members to support in vivo and in vitro studies, as well as take a hands on role to support laboratory activities.
- Carry out animal procedures required to evaluate the immunogenicity and efficacy of vaccine and study of human pathogen infection and disease.
- Evaluate responses to vaccine candidates through ELISA, Luminex, ELISpot, multi-parameter flow cytometry, opsonophagocytic, antigenic stimulation proliferation, cytokine production, or any other assays as requested.
- Document all work in electronic notebook as required.
- Support colleagues in the laboratory by performing routine laboratory duties that can include preparation of media, stocking of reagents, ordering supplies. Work efficiently as part of a team in a matrixed environment
- Proficiency in proper handling of bacterial isolates and clinical samples; mastery of aseptic technique and familiarity with BSL2 and ABSL2 safety practices for working in the laboratory. (can make this preferred if you think best)
- Where applicable, perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP/GLP and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.