This dynamic individual will partner with business analysts and engineers to define the technical requirements, principles, and models that guide all network-related decisions for a service delivery ecosystem. The role is responsible for analyzing and translating business, information, and technical requirements into the architectural blueprints used to achieve overall business goals. The Network Architect will be responsible for identifying network, systems, applications, and infrastructure components necessary to strategically outline how the end-to-end network will operate. You should come with dynamic energy and we would love it if you shared our Core Values. We truly believe in Respect, Integrity, Spirit of Service and Accountability. What are you waiting for? You can apply now and we will get in touch as soon as possible. We are excited to learn more about you.
What you will be doing:
- Works on multiple projects as a project leader or internal consultant
- Works on highly complex projects using specialized architecture areas such as network, security, applications, data, systems and Internet and business segments
- Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction
- Assists in the analysis, design, and development of a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint
- Designs standard configurations and patterns
- Participates in the Enterprise Architecture ecosystem-wide and domain's architecture Governance process
- Reviews exceptions and makes recommendations to architectural standards at a domain/program level
- Captures and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project/program level
- Aligns architectural requirements with technology strategy
- Assesses near-term needs to establish business priorities
- Consults with project teams to ensure compatibility with existing solutions, infrastructure and services
- Supports the development of software and data delivery platforms with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different business
- Coordinates architecture implementation and modification activities
- Assists in post-implementation continuous-improvement efforts to enhance performance and provide increased functionality
- Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solution
- Works closely with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered
- Analyzes the current architecture to identify weaknesses and develop opportunities for improvements
- Identifies and when necessary, proposes variances to the architecture to accommodate project needs
- Performs ongoing architecture quality review activities relative to specific project/programs they are responsible for
- Provides strategic consultation to business partners
- Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities
- Consults on projects and maintains knowledge of their progress
- Keeps technology and service managers aware of key customer issues, identifying and resolving potential problems and conflicts
- Sells the architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results
- Researches and evaluates emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities
- Provides recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment
- Identifies the tools and components used for a project from the approved enterprise toolset
- Advises on expenditures based on the size, scope, and cost of hardware and software components
- Assists in developing business cases
- Recommends changes that impact the strategic direction
- Meets with project leaders and Technology Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements
What we're looking for:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, System Analysis or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 years of experience in multiple technology areas required
- 10 years of experience in telecommunications network design or deployment required.
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of architecture, application design, system engineering and integration required
- 2-4 years of relevant domain experience (data, network, application, systems, etc.) preferred
- Proven ability to run simultaneous projects and tasks.
- Contributor in open source, user groups, and conferences preferred.
- Demonstrable experience working with Tier 1 and 2 carriers, NEMS and MSO's.
- Knowledge of Protocols and Standards including Ethernet, SDN Technologies and Principles, OSPF, BGP, RTP, RTCP, Netconf-Yang.
- Networking experience with Wan, Lan, Man, Data Center required.
- Experience with Linux required.
- Working understanding of the Agile Development Process desired.
- Solid experience working with Tier 1 and 2 carriers, NEMS and MSO's preferred.
- Solution architecture experience in evolving Ethernet services a plus.
- Knowledge of new technologies including SDN/NFV preferred.
WOW! is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Religion/Gender Identity employer