The Lab Technical Specialist works as a staff technologist under the direction of a manager/director, overseeing section efficiency in workflow processing, testing or exam protocols. He/she is the technical resource in their area of expertise, providing staff testing performance and competency input for review processes and ensuring competency of staff in section of expertise.
- Bachelors Degree in an appropriate science field.
Minimum Work Experience
- 3 years MT experience in specified section preferred
- Medical Technologist Certification or eligibility.
- Technical certification by an appropriate laboratory agency.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge in the areas of quality improvement, quality control, equipment maintenance and laboratory required.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, OSHA/VOSHA Standard Precautions; practices personal and hospital safety and complies with confidentiality policy.
- Communicates patient information to physicians, office staff, and hospital employees. Acts as clinical laboratory information resource to all customers groups. Ability to accurately transcribe and verbalize patient data.