ITSM Systems Administrator Intermediate
Kavaliro has a career opening for an ITSM System Administrator --Intermediate in Cary, North Carolina. The System Administrator Senior is responsible for installing, operating, and maintaining physical/virtual Microsoft based servers in support of business processing requirements. Installs, upgrades, and patches operating systems and complex software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Conducts routine software audits of Microsoft based servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Must be a self-starter; capable of working independently, under limited direction, and in a team environment.
ITSM Software Support: Kavaliro will provide end-to-end support for the ITSM software that is used by the ARNG. Support includes but is not limited to three distinct areas:
- On-going maintenance and support of software application, to include supporting standard capabilities and outcomes provided by the software (e.g., reporting)
- For States and Territories that elect to use ITSM as a Software as a Service, full planning, configuration, training, and implementation will be supported using robust set of documentation available from ARNG G-6.
- Provide Tier 2 support for incidents/requests related to this software.
- Customizing out-of-box application to meet ARNG specific needs
The ITSM System Administrator INT is responsible for the development, implementation and sustained support of the IT Service Management system. They will provide creative solutions to resolve business problems via customer requirements based on system capability and process gaps (ITSM/ITIL). The System Administrator will provide on-going technical assistance, handling incident tickets on a priority basis, software configuration / customization assistance including, but not limited to: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, LDAP integration, custom scripting and third party software integrations. This includes working with process owners to develop and implement the workflows. The preferred ITSM platform is Remedy.
- Installation of Remedy software, upgrades, and patches and configure out-of-the-box Remedy functionality to meet IT and Business needs.
- Gather, document, and analyze enhancement requests.
- Evaluate and assess fit between requirements and Remedy application suite capabilities • Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve BMC Remedy applications issues including root cause analysis.
- Integrate Remedy with Enterprise monitoring tools and proactively monitor Remedy applications.
- Perform risk identification, assessment, remediation and performance tuning.
- Conduct user training as required.
- Create all necessary documentation, such as SOPs, training material and user guides.
- Stay current on emerging tools, techniques and technologies.
- Maintain skills and capabilities through education, training, and hands-on experiences.
- Contribute to customization, configuration, upgrade and further integration of the Enterprise Monitoring and Management system
- Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of related experience, or 5+ years as a Systems Administrator (Microsoft). Additional training, technical certification, and/or years’ experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- Experience maintaining Microsoft Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 platforms
- Level II DoD 8570 certification: CompTIA Security+ CE
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have a SECRET security clearance
- ITIL Foundation Certification (required within 60 days of hire)