Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking an IT Director to join our team in Aberdeen, MD.
- Works with Senior leadership to develop short- and long-range goals/objectives for the IT department
- Maintains company IT performance against internal performance metrics and SLAs; providing quartly reviews on performance and focus on performance improvement,
- Utilizing staff and support contractors, maintain ACET IT infrastructure systems including Active Directory, Domains, DNS, DHCP, GPO, Exchange online, patching management, Windows and Linux servers.
- Maintain the network with installation/upgrading of both physical and application layers.
- Contribute to the enhancement and implementation of cloud delivered IT systems, along with some networked on-premise systems all operating in a high-availability secure infrastructure fully compliant with NIST 800-171 and similar Government requirements
- Provide network operations, security, and communications systems.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Perform desktop support on a frequent basis, documenting case history using ACET’s ConnectWise ticketing system.
- Provide direct support service, repairs and maintenance of computer hardware and peripheral equipment
- Develop, support, and maintain, operating standards, procedures and system enhancements working with ACET’s internal Compliance Group.