Mitchell, Genex and Coventry
With Mitchell, Genex and Coventry now one organization, we’ve dramatically expanded our ability to deliver innovative services and technologies to our customers. We’ve also seen career opportunities within our combined organization grow. Each part of our organization helps people recover after a challenging event in their lives.
Mitchell delivers trusted software and services to the property & casualty claims, collision repair and risk management industries with technology-enabled solutions that simplify claims handling, repair processes and pharmacy transactions. Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers. Coventry offers the nation’s largest and most diverse set of provider and ancillary networks focused on improving total overall outcomes.
Together, we bring a complete set of proven capabilities for our partners who require more than one-dimensional solutions. We combine innovative technology, insightful analytics and deep expertise to help them reach their ultimate goal—restoring lives.
Mitchell is looking for a skilled IT Change Management & Communications Manager to join our Information Technology (IT) team in San Diego, CA. In this important role, you will help shape and execute communication and change management efforts in support of key strategic initiatives that advance Mitchell’s IT security and technology objectives.
- Serve as the internal change management and communications specialist within the IT organization, effectively driving change and communicating critical information to thousands of employees.
- Partner closely with the EVP, Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and other IT leaders to write, edit, review and oversee key organizational messages prior to dissemination to ensure accuracy, clarity and appropriateness.
- Translate complex technical information to a broad internal audience.
- Draft messages or scripts from the CTO for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Create or review communications content tailored to multiple audiences and sensitive to organizational change dynamics. Content may include emails, announcements, articles, newsletters, presentations, videos and training.
- Work across multiple communication channels to ensure the right message is delivered to the right internal audience at the right time, including coordinating efforts with those provided by others who focus on external communications (e.g., marketing communications, Crisis Management).
- Work with senior leaders and colleagues to help implement comprehensive change management plans that drive effective change, ensure adoption and keep employees and colleagues informed.
- Collaborate with technology leaders and business unit stakeholders to review, evaluate and plan for technology-related projects and ensure change management communication is accurate and appropriate.
- May assist with the development and implementation of new and existing communication channels and tools.
- May contribute to external communications (e.g., customers, BOD)
- Bachelor's degree in communications, business, marketing or relevant technology field.
- 3+ years in communications or change management with demonstrated experience producing organization-wide communications and communication strategies.
- Prior experience with supporting IT infrastructure teams in change management and communications would be highly desirable.
- Expert knowledge in formal change management methodology, preferably PROSCI certified.
- Proven ability and agility to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Team player skilled at working collaboratively with and through others.
- End user empathy and the ability to understand how changes impact the user’s day-to-day operations, productivity and efficiency.]
- Demonstrated ability to influence in multiple ways and build credibility quickly with key stakeholders and peers.
- Ability to create and execute detailed project plans.
- Proven ability to drive multiple projects with tight timelines.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem solver with strong root cause identification skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functional and geographic boundaries and at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, with a meticulous attention to details.
- Proven ability to translate complex technology content into simple messaging.
- Solid experience with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- PMI or similar certification is a plus.
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.