Beacon Health Options
Job Category: IT - Business Systems Analysis
Req #: ITBUS02767
Schedule: Full Time
Location: CO - Colorado Springs
About the Position:
Beacon Health Options is seeking a IT Business Systems Analyst II to join our team in Colorado Springs, CO. The BSA II will interface with internal and external stakeholders, and collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business requirements, coordinate and support testing efforts and monitor the delivery of IT products. The BSA II role will serve as a subject matter expert of Beacon's IT portfolio, and perform a variety of complicated tasks, such as review and validate client's scope of work, perform gap analysis of existing capabilities with change requests, monitor progression of projects and generate weekly status reports.
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders, and IT development teams to define scope, requirements, identify and document functional specifications, and supporting artifacts during the software development lifecycle, based on user needs and industry standards.
- Participate and contribute in IT business stakeholder meetings.
- Collaborate with team to arrive at solution to solve complex application design issues.
- Troubleshoot issues and assist users with identifying root issue, and collaborate with development team, other technical resources and end-user as appropriate to resolve issue.
- Identify, monitor and report issues, risks, mitigation plan, resource and budget challenges, etc. to all stakeholders as appropriate.
- Follow Beacon's defined change management and software development processes.
- Serve as the IT subject matter expert of IT (Corporate and local) portfolio and collaborate with IT leadership to ensure all requests and projects align with IT and Beacon's strategy.
- Demonstrate competency of application functionality, system design and file structures, including ability to write, read and execute SQL scripts.
- Adhere to project plans, timelines and provide support to the project manager.
- Develop testing scenarios/scripts, and conduct Level 2 testing and document results for assigned projects or requests.
- Coordinate, and support end user testing efforts (User Acceptance Testing) when appropriate.
- Support end-user training efforts as a technical subject matter expert.
- Develop external companion guides, training and other supplemental documentation as needed.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Beacon policies, procedures and company-sponsored annual programs (i.e. compliance training).
- Negotiate, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Lead, plan and/or perform special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
- Education: Bachelors degree in a technical field required or aHigh School diploma / GED with 4 years experience required
- Relevant Work Experience:
- 4 years experience working as a Business Systems Analyst required
- 1 year experience working as Project Management required
- 1 year healthcare experience preferred
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to provide visibility into opaque processes and functions
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple high-visibility projects autonomously and coordinate short and long-range planning activities
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment, negotiate diplomatically, and maintain composure and production quality under deadline pressure
- Understanding of demand and resource management
- Ability to think strategically and act in a detailed, hands-on manner
- Proficient in of Microsoft Office Applications especially Word, Project, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel
- Travel:up to 10 - 20% travel may be required
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]). Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.