Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthroughproducts that shape industries. Working in close partnership with ourcustomers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly,drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edgeadvanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality andefficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value.
In the first half of 2020 Arconic will separate into twostand-alone industry-leading public companies. Each will have significantglobal reach. To learn more about this exciting transformation, visit ourwebsite.
Arconic is currently in search of an Infrastructure Data Center Manager to join our Global InformationServices (GIS) Resource Unit in Pittsburgh,PA.
The IT Infrastructure Data Center Manager's role isresponsible for planning, organizing, and managing Arconic staff members,contractors/consultants, and the overall IT operation with a focus on ensuringthe stable operation of the organization's IT Data Center and server, storageinfrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, and optimizing keyfunctional areas, such as the Data Center, Windows Servers, Storage, DatabaseServers, Device Management, VMware & Citrix Virtualization and otherinfrastructure.
The Infrastructure Data Center Manager will alsoschedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and any data centerequipment issues in a timely and accurate fashion. This position will play akey role contributing to the current and future strategic technology directionArconic.
A primary focus for this management positionwill be to provide leadership for day to day operations of a datacenter and ITinfrastructure. In addition, this role will be responsible for the operationalexcellence of the Data Center and Operations team, including implementing ITILand ITSM procedures with an initial focus on assisting with the furtherdevelopment of Incident Management, RCA/Problem Management, Change Management,Event Management, SLAs, production support, standards, tools, and bestpractices for the technology organization. This resource must be a strongleader of projects, internal resources and external vendors/service providers,and exhibit the ability to perform on a strategic and transformational levelwith other management at the department.
Responsibilities of the ITInfrastructure Data Center Manager Include:
- Provide day-to-day leadership and direction for in-house staff as wells as external sourcing vendors for the safe and reliable operations of datacenter and infrastructure systems
- Provide hands-on project management for strategic department-wide initiatives, inclusive of technology selection, effort, timeline, cost, resource allocation, system engineering, RFP/SOW creation, vendor selection/management, solution delivery, and implementation
- Ability to decompose large initiatives into constituent projects and executable technology delivery goals
- Assist 2nd and 3rd level Infrastructure operations support for the Arconic a 24x7 basis, with on-call support during off-hours for initial response to disruptions, outages and incidents
- Implement ITSM and ITSM procedures with a focus on Incident Management, RCA/Problem Management, Change Management, Event Management, SLAs, production support, standards, and best practices for the technology organization
- Assist with the implementation and evangelization of cyber security best practices and lead cyber incident response/management if necessary from data center perspective.
- Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for infrastructure administration and project management
- Participate in the development of IT strategies in collaboration with peer and senior management
- Manage and set priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all in-scope infrastructure systems
- Work with peer Infrastructure and other IT Department Managers to provide input into the departmental vision and strategic road map for Data Center technical platforms
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the senior management, decision-makers, stakeholders, department managers, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities
- Provide organizational and cultural change leadership and change management
- Build a culture of pro-activity, business cooperation, continuous improvement, and exceptional service delivery
- Track vendor performance, and ensure up front in contracts that they have enough leverage to perfect technology and performance shortfalls when they occur
- Manage service level agreement (SLA) establishment and metrics
- Coordinate with all parties and conduct the disaster recovery testing for different applications to ensure all the Data center components working as expected to meet the DR requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, or math from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience IT vendor management.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in data center Service Level Agreement (SLA) management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with IT budget management.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of Hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Knowledge of Linux servers, operating systems, Data Bases, Windows Server environments.
- Knowledge of governance and change management procedures in an IT environment.
- Experience with Office suite, especially Excel, pivot tables, etc.
- Ability to establish new standards for quality, performance or productivity.
- Self-motivated, with keen attention to detail and excellent judgment skills.
- Familiarity with Disaster Recovery procedures.
- Experience leading a team.
- Strong human relation skills and be able to interact with internal and external customers, vendors, other IS professionals and IS management.
- Large project management experience and demonstrated understanding of project management processes, methodologies, and techniques.
- Problem solving orientation.
- Knowledge of data center and infrastructure environment.