Information System Security Officer (ISSO) II /with system admin functions
DRS Daylight Solutions is a subsidiary of Leonardo DRS. Our mission at DRS Daylight Solutions is to be the leading provider of best in class, mid-infrared sources and systems for defense, commercial, and research markets. Our global leadership position in advanced, mid-IR technology means that DRS Daylight Solutions customers benefit from a sustainable, competitive advantage in molecular detection and imaging applications.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the
Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A., which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
In 2005, three high-tech entrepreneurs founded DRS Daylight Solutions in San Diego, California, with the goal of developing breakthrough technologies and products around the company’s core technology: mid-IR quantum cascade lasers (QCLs). Since then, the company has introduced three groundbreaking products.
Are you an innovator that wants to be part of the solution? We’re looking for pioneers who bring great ideas from concept to reality. DRS Daylight Solutions culture is family oriented, innovative, and collaborative. We enjoy working hard and have fun doing it. Our motto is to protect with light.
Job Location San Diego, California
Title: Information System Security Officer
As an Information System Security Officer (ISSO), you will be challenged to stay current with the latest technological developments in information security. You will be exposed to advanced technologies, and will play a major role in identifying potential threats and intrusions on Information Technology (IT) systems by our adversaries. Together, we'll address evolving threats to national security, thus keeping our nation and our warfighter safe.
Manage and tune in-house computer systems and network connections to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. Participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
Successful candidates for this role will coordinate with the Corporate Risk Management Framework Support Center, other Information System Security Officers (ISSOs), & ISSMs across the company, to obtain and maintain certifications and accreditations under the new Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) and Intelligence Community (IC) Risk Management Framework. If you are interested in information system security, competitive pay, management, and the opportunity to obtain industry professional certifications on the job, please apply now!
- Develops, implements, and administers security procedures for classified computer systems based on the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) and other U.S. Government agency security requirements
- Applies current computer science technologies to the development, evaluation, and integration of computer systems and networks to maintain system security for classified information systems.
- Primary advisor to the Site Information System Security Manager (ISSM) on all classified information systems security matters and liaison to the local DCSA Information Systems Security Professional (ISSP) on all matters pertaining to classified information systems
- Implement local policies, processes, procedures and compliance with all National Industrial Security Program (NISP), Defense Information System Agency (DISA), and Defense Security Service Assessments and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM) requirements
- Develops and maintains all DoD requirements, including the DAAPM & Risk Management Framework (RMF) standards to ensure compliance with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Reviews and approves requests for access to cleared computer systems in the development and implementation of policies and System Security Plans supporting Corporate Security & Government agency requirements
- Conducts periodic self-inspections on local processes and practices to ensure compliance; accurately reports security posture to management & ensure corrective actions are taken
- Identifies and documents unique local threats and vulnerabilities to classified information systems security
- Conducts and coordinates investigations into security violations related to cleared information systems; ensures corrective actions are implemented
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Performs independently, or with a group, on site, group or enterprise-level security projects designed to enhance the security posture of DRS
- DISA STIG/SCAP implementation and management of security configurations utilizing Corporate ISSM toolkit
- Configuration and troubleshooting of virtual and network architecture
- Install, configure, monitor, administer and maintain VM’s, servers, printers, scanners and applications.
- Support and maintain in-house computer systems, desktops, and peripherals. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all hardware and equipment while ensuring optimal workstation performance.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training and assistance where required
- Develops and implements general and remote maintenance procedures to include weekly audits, antivirus definition updates, and patches
- Provide service desk and technical support to users
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Information System Security, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and/or a Computer Technical Certificate (I.E. MSCE Server 2016, CCNA, GIAC certificate) or equivalent related experience
- Must have Security + or have the ability to obtain it within 6 months of hire
- 3-5 years of experience as an ISSO and/or system administrator, managing severs, VM’s and Active Directory policies (GPOs) within DoD policies
- Strong knowledge of information systems security components and best practices including: firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, data encryption, and other industry-standard techniques and practices
- Must have an active Secret clearance, with the ability to obtain and maintain TS/SCI U.S. Government security clearance
- Analytical ability to understand and interpret Department of Defense (DoD) and company security policies and procedures
- Substantial communication & interpersonal skills to advise customers of DoD and company industrial security policies and procedures
- A team-based mentality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Be a self-starter, able to work under pressure and with limited supervision, and work well with others in a large and diverse environment
- Ability to successfully prioritize and manage to completion multiple complex tasks and deliverables, and demonstrate the highest degree of integrity and accountability in all actions
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- A+, Network+, MSCE Server 2016, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, and/or Security+ Certifications are a plus
- Completion of the DCSA CDSE/STEPP ISSM Training Curriculum (RMF courses)
- A strong knowledge and understanding of NIST Special Publication 800-53, ISO27001, DoD 8510.01, NISPOM, & ICDs
- Experience managing Windows 10/Server 2016 DCSA accredited information systems
- Experience managing VMware, ESXi
- Experience managing Linux is a plus
- Experience with the SCAP Compliance Checker and the DISA STIG Viewer
- Previous COMSEC experience is a plus
- Previous FOCI experience is a plus
Candidate must be a US Citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by US government within reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Leonardo DRS. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.