Our employees have declared Ceridian a Great Place to Work® and Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2019! We combine the excitement and agility of a startup environment, balanced with the client-base and growth opportunities of an established, large organization.
Our award-winning, flagship cloud product, Dayforce, is a market-leading Human Capital Management (HCM) platform that transforms the employee experience by solving complex problems. It provides a single solution to manage the entire employee lifecycle and enable real-time, smarter decision-making at every level. The most recognizable Fortune 500 clients have implemented Dayforce and successfully transformed human capital management – and their organization.
As we continue to grow, we are adding an Executive Assistant to support our new Chief Product and Technology Officer (CPTO), Joe Korngiebel. This is an opportunity for an Executive Assistant to own and guide the day-to-day operational and administrative functions of an executive office. This is an intensely dynamic environment with an expansive reach covering Technology and Strategy. This is a challenging and rewarding Executive Business Partner position, for someone who understands the end-to-end processes of running an organization and has the agility to pivot and innovate, tending to every issue big and small.
Who you are
You are an Executive Assistant with expertise supporting a Technology Business Line at a global organization. You are always one step ahead. You are proactive and a singular force of organization and the keeper of every detail. With a broad technical and operational understanding of a technology organization, you can navigate personalities, build rapport, influence without authority, and intuitively know what needs to get done. You understand the scheduling, administrative and relationship demands of a C-level executive; but your depth of knowledge stretches past calendar and travel management to include project management, problem-solving, relationship management, stakeholder communications and effectively representing the executive office in a highly professional manner at any time.
What’s in it for you
Define your role and set the standards. You will have the autonomy to build out your role, your desk, your processes, and the administrative framework. You will draw on your insights and experience to create an efficient and effective office.
Purpose and impact. You are driven to support a dynamic leader, to facilitate their days and help them succeed. Your purpose is to clear the path and manage the details that enable your executive to fulfill their purpose. You want to be a critical part of a team – and a company – that shares a unifying mission to innovate technology that will Make Work Life Better™, now and for future generations.
Exposure and mentorship. You will be reporting into and working side-by-side with a well-respected leader; someone recognized at the national and global level. You will develop relationships with key members of our company, gaining invaluable insights into building and growing a successful organization.
Growth. As our global organization continues to grow and we expand our reach, you will hone your project, partnership and operational management skills. You will be given the freedom and the flexibility to explore possibilities, to develop skills, to set a path, and to make a genuine, lasting impact on our clients, your team, and your growth. At Ceridian, we are open to the unique talents, abilities, ideas and dreams of our people.
How you will make an impact
- Manage the inbox and calendar. You will anticipate and prioritize the administrative and operational needs, requests and key deliverables. You will vet, schedule and organize meetings, appointments and events, including some personal commitments and communications.
- Coordinate across teams. You will work within the business line and across the organization to support your direct Executive and their business leaders.
- Daily and flexible end-to-end support. You will provide back-office administrative support including internal communications, onboarding, expense and invoice processing, approvals, procurement, catering, and other needs as they arise, when they arise.
- Understand the voice of the Executive. You will learn the position, nuances and opinion of the Executive and accurately represent them in written communications and through processes.
- Manage executive communications and documentation. You will draft, file, edit and manage complex and confidential documentation, reporting and strategic communications.
- Foster relationships. You will develop and maintain collaborative business relationships among internal and external stakeholders, including the Ceridian Board of Directors.
- Manage logistics. You will coordinate all meetings, teleconferences, video conferences and events (in-house, external, and remote), providing the required access codes, background information, detailed itineraries, and briefing documents. Where applicable, you will attend meetings, take notes, send follow up minutes and manage action items. You will oversee all business and personal travel which may include booking flights, car transfers and hotel accommodations.
- Spearhead special projects. You will proactively bring ideas and best practices forward to optimize operations and processes. You will plan, oversee, and successfully coordinate the delivery of projects.
What you bring
- The expertise. 5+ years of experience working as an Executive Assistant managing the day-to-day and overarching needs of a C-level executive, preferably in a global technology environment.
- The knowledge. A strong business acumen and a direct understanding of business priorities specific to a successful global technology organization. The best practices to improve process and resource optimization.
- A thoughtful, calm and balanced approach. You are organized with keen attention to detail; an ability to deal with ambiguity, discretion, tact and professionalism at all times.
- The drive. Exceptional ability to learn and understand the business, anticipate needs and provide guidance. A proven ability to be a valued and trusted business partner and the ability to operate with a sense of urgency; managing and prioritizing tight deadlines.
- The technical skills. Comfortable working with and learning tools to improve productivity. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Executive-level communication skills. Outstanding ability to understand the voice of your executive and extremely adept at crafting clear, concise responses that accurately reflect the office. Exceptional writing, editing, presentation drafting, face-to-face, business-to-business, and phone communication skills.
- The relationship-building finesse. Exceptional interpersonal and diplomacy skills; a high level of comfort and confidence working with senior leaders and other key stakeholders; approachable and responsive to the needs of internal teams.
- The organizational, project, and anticipatory management. Excellent time-management and thoughtful decision-making including the ability to be proactive and effectively vet requests. A broad understanding of project management and an awareness of how to push for deliverables on time.
Our culture, our values
At Ceridian, our values - Customer-focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism and Agility - are built on a strong framework, guided by an engaged leadership and brought to life every day by the innovative, enthusiastic people who make up our diverse teams. Our values are more than words on a wall, they come together to form a collaborative mindset, that’s why our teams consist of people who share, promote and exemplify these ideals. People who are willing to go beyond the expected to help and support each other, our clients, and our communities, who are eager to step up to whatever challenges lie ahead and stand behind their choices, who want to continue to learn, iterate and solve complex problems for our teams and our clients, making work life better.
At Ceridian, we offer a variety of benefits and perks to make work life better for you.
Financial rewards. We want to help you save for your future through progressive retirement plans, provide assistance with your student loan debt through our Student Loan Repayment options, and our Global Employee Stock Purchase Plan (GESPP).
Career growth. From mentorship and sponsorship by senior leaders to our Talent Investment Program; from Tuition and Certification Reimbursement to our Career Exploration Program, we fully support your professional development and career mobility as a valued member of our team.
Benefits to balance your life. From comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans to our Employee Assistance Program, and our top-notch Parental Leave Program; from onsite flu shots and blood drives, to company-sponsored fitness challenges and our Take 2 Program, we want to ensure you are taking care of your mind, body, and spirit.
Community giving. In addition to Ceridian Cares, our own charity that gives 100% of employee contributions to people in need, we provide paid Service or Volunteer Days for you to dedicate time to charities and causes you care about in your local communities.
Are you ready to build the future of HCM and make work life better? Express your interest here or learn more about us on LinkedIn.
We encourage you to apply for positions that fit your passions. Interested in applying but worried you don't have it all? At Ceridian, we know not everyone gains their experience following a traditional path. If you share our values, want to make a difference, and meet 70% of the qualifications, we encourage you to apply here.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and that makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, colour, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.