Marsh is seeking candidates for the following position based in the New York City or Hoboken office:
Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) / IT Director, Marsh Americas
What can you expect?
The Deputy Chief Information Officer (DCIO) will function as the Head of Technology for Marsh Americas and serve as the US IT Director with responsibility for Canada and the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) areas with oversight of 700+ employees and an annual budget of $125MM.
The Deputy Chief Information Officer is a member of the Technology Leadership Team (TLT) and reports to the Marsh Global Chief Information Officer.
What’s in it for you?
- Join at a time of dynamic transformation and change and play a critical role in driving the organization towards Operational Excellence
- A company with a strong brand and strong results to match
We will count on you to:
- Help lead the transformation of Marsh IT and partner with the US / Canada and Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) Chief Operating Officers (COO), and respective IT teams, to build a world-class IT organization and ensure evolution of the technology landscape is in line with regional and global goals
- As the US/Canada IT Director, support the US/Canada CEO and Executive team as an advisor on all matters related to Operations and Technology (O&T)
- Work with the Regional Heads of Operations and Technology, to ensure the development and implementation of strategies critical to achieving operational excellence
- Build a long-term operating vision for Operations and Technology, including the development and management of targeted centers of excellence for operational effectiveness and IT
- Continue journey to modernize and rationalize the technology landscape in US/Canada and the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region
- As Deputy CIO, stand in for the Global CIO in Marsh and MMC Technology related matters and meetings as required
- Establish strong working relationships with MMC CIO and members of the Technology Leadership Team (TLT)
What you need to have:
- 20+ years of IT experience with demonstrated results in leading and managing large technology transformations for complex, global organizations
- Proven track record of disruptive thinking and innovation within IT
- Experience in contemporary technology and digital transformation
- Ability to build partnerships and develop collaborative working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present information to senior level audiences in simple, logical business terms
What makes you stand out:
- Demonstrated experience driving significant organizational transformation projects within a large IT function
- Exemplary thought leadership skills, able to build and lead large scale strategic initiatives and manage change
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships effectively within matrix, global organizations
- Strong people leadership and project management skills
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.