For over three decades, many of the world’s leading firms have relied on Align as a trusted IT solution provider and center of excellence in IT advisory, infrastructure design, build, delivery and managed services. We are actively seeking innovative minds to establish and strengthen our team to deliver high-quality state-of-the-art technology solutions for our enterprise and boutique clients.
If you are seeking to own challenging projects under tight schedules for some of today’s most fascinating companies while leveraging an exceptional team and long track record of success, then we want to hear from you today.
Align seeks a sales professional with proven high-level expertise in selling data center infrastructure related solutions. Ideal candidates will have solid experience working for multi-tenant providers (Digital Realty, Quality Technology Services (QTS), CyrusOne, Raging Wire, etc.) and a strong professional network in this space. This role will be selling Align’s Data Center Solutions. These solutions consist of consulting and professional services focused on Data Center Design and Build; Migration, Consolidation and Optimization, as well as Cloud Migration. This position will be based in our Ashburn, VA office and this person will represent our firm in this territory as the “face of Align”. Limited travel will be required as needed. This is a relationship management driven, strategic business development role. This is a combination of channel sales, Industry PR, strategic partner relationship management, and straight end client sales. This role is expected to work closely with multi-tenant and colocation providers to develop a sales pipeline. Our services are a great match for new clients moving into colocation facilities that require design, build relocation assistance for their new data center. Qualified individuals must have a successful track record selling Colocation, Interconnection, Cloud, and Hosting solutions for multi-tenant providers. Ideal candidates will also have experience selling professional services around data center build-out and migration. Successful candidates will have a basic understanding of Data Center Design and Build (physical layer). This person will lead the local team and be a major sales contributor. This person will act as the lead relationship manager for our end clients, strategic partners and colocation providers in the Mid-Atlantic region. This is a strategic role, but this person will also be out in front of our partners often to build business relationships and drive the end to end sales process. Our data center solutions team offers data center design and build as well as data center consolidation and optimization. We specialize in a variety of IT infrastructure professional services and solutions including greenfield builds, audits/retrofits of existing data centers, white space builds within colocation facilities, data center relocation, workload migration and cloud migration.
· The Position will be based out of our Ashburn, VA office
· This is a full-time position offering full benefits, a competitive salary and a lucrative commission plan
· Create new revenue opportunities by selling Align's Data Center related professional services and solutions to new and existing clients and partners
· Generate sales leads, qualify opportunities, manage the RFP process, and close business
· Develop strategic relationships nationally by meeting and entertaining potential customers and local data center providers, to continue to grow our market share and status among multi-tenant providers and other relevant data center industry partners
· Provide leadership, direction, team building, coaching as needed for the sales team
· Stay connected to the industry and be able to recognize potential opportunities for new projects
· Understand customer requirements and work with Align SMEs to create designs that best utilize their new data center facility. This focus of design is the structural support systems, power distribution to the cabinet level, carrier infrastructures, structured cable plant and overall data center layout.
· Know the “Align Story” and carrying that message with a passion - understand and convey the value Align can bring to potential customers and their data center projects
· Responsible for partnering with Solution Director to develop sales targets, maintain an accurate forecast and hit quarterly quotas which have been mutually agreed upon
· Establish relationships at all organizational levels and obtain “Trusted Advisor” status with clients
· Develop and implement account infiltration strategies
· Rapidly assimilate knowledge of best industry trends/practices/services/technologies to drive enhanced revenue opportunities
· Exhibit leadership characteristics: strong communication skills, full understanding of internal policies, management