Customer Technical Support Representative
Seasonal Consulting Job Opportunity
Duration: December 2019- April 2020
Location: Lathrop, CA (zip code: 95330)
Customer Technical Support Representative Summary:
Kelly IT Resources is working with a wonderful technically sophisticated long-operating software development company that’s been established since the 70's! Our client makes hugely successful (3rd largest in the nation) tax software solutions and products and are headquartered in San Joaquin County, in the very easy to get to, just of the 205, Lathrop, Ca! Every year during their most busy time ---TAX SEASON, they bring on board nearly 30 additional Technical Customer Support Professionals for a 4 to 5 month consulting engagement.
Customer Technical Support Representative Details:
Who are they:
- Established, successful tax software development company.
- Incredibly nice people who love what they do and the company they work for.
- Free snacks, BBQs/Pizza lunch-dinners, coffee, ect.
- Complete PAID training provided on the SW and issue resolution you will be tasked with!!
- The team always has a group of returning members so there is a high chance you could asked back to do this project EVERY YEAR!
- Potentially growing the team after this project so for a selected few they may have some permanent opportunities.
- Paid Training starts December 2, 2019 and contract will go through end of March/April 2020.
- COMPLETELY OPEN 40 hour a week schedule, that offer VERY FLEXIBLE HOURS--scheduled based on your desired start time and business needs –typical set start times could be: 5am, 6am, 7am, 8am, 10am, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm or 8pm!
Main Skills: CUSTOMER SERVICE, tech-savvy, hard-working, and flexible!
Customer Technical Support Representative Job Details:
Overview: Primary contact for customers to provide technical support and services for our Tax SW product. Provide seasonal call center technical Tier 2/3 support.
Customer Technical Support Representative Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receive inbound telephone calls, chat messages, and emails on product questions.
- Provide excellent customer service, technical troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Provide user-friendly explanations and follow-up using telephone, emails, and/or chat, and in person communication.
- Resolve customer problems in a friendly and timely manner in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Open trouble tickets using the trouble ticking tool (CSR) and document action steps and resolutions including follow-up.
- Ensure issues are fully documented within the CSR (trouble ticket tool) application that allows for seamless escalation to other personnel as required.
- Use professional judgment to resolve a problem.
- Escalate customer concerns as necessary to management, as required.
- Serve as liaison between customers and other personnel. Communicate problems and trends to team for internal resolution.
- Tier 2 or 3, you will assist and communicate with Tier 1 seasonal technical support and resolve reported problems.
- Provide assessment of existing systems and recommend improvement.
- Develop technical solutions to be posted to both internal and external knowledge base.
- Software testing of new and enhanced software applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Customer Technical Support Representative Minimum/Essential Qualifications:
- Ability to respond to customers inquiries and complaints; ability to solve problems in a timely and friendly manner; ability to effectively present information to coworkers and management; excellent verbal and written skills; excellent telephone skills; work well in a team environment.
Customer Technical Support Representative Preferred Skills:
- High School Graduate or AA in computer science or business administration or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years software technical support in a call center environment.
- 1-3 years windows XP/2000-2010, Internet Explorer/Browser, Modems, Network Functions and Configurations and Software Applications.
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.