Peraton is looking for a Cloud Services Administrator who will be responsible for the support and maintenance of cloud-based system deployments. The position is located at the NASA White Sands Complex in Las Cruces, NM.
Peraton is the prime contractor for NASA at the White Sands Complex (WSC) near Las Cruces, New Mexico. Operating here are two functionally identical satellite ground terminals: The White Sands Ground Terminal, and the Second TDRSS Ground Terminal. These ground terminals ensure uninterrupted communications between various ground stations, NASA’s orbiting fleet of Tracking and Data Relay Satellites (TDRS), customer spacecraft (satellites), and the computer systems that support such spacecraft. WSC serves as an interface for distributing satellite data to control centers and scientists who then use the daily influx of data to expand our ever-growing knowledge of the Earth and the universe.
What you’ll do…
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for cloud-based (AWS, Azure, Google Public Cloud, etc.) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) systems
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the deployment of new hosting environments and associated resources
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to customer regarding integration of these technologies into existing networks and environments
- Gather and report utilization and performance metrics pertaining to the deployed infrastructure of production system
- Manages both strategic cloud initiatives as well as immediate operational activities.
- Chief architect and administrator for the cloud hardware and software stack to include frequent reconfiguration as new or more optimal configurations are identified.
- Facilitates effective processes associated with the architecture.
- Collaborates closely with the technology team and the end user analysts to implement cutting edge big data algorithms and analytics.
- Engages in software solution planning and creation to ensure applicable cloud resources are most effectively applied.
- Identifies where processes can be optimized through automation.
- Ensures that the cloud capability is leveraged to its fullest extent and available to the maximum user base. Rapidly executes tasks and frequently iterates to ensure maximum user input and feedback.
- Plans and implements big data transfer protocols, utilities, and infrastructure pipes.
- Collaborate with the development teams to integrate new capabilities that are aligned with the overall program strategy
You’d be a great fit if you have…
- A Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering) and 5+ years experience (additional years' experience considered in lieu of degree).
- Proficiency with the following operating systems including: UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cisco IOS, etc.
- ETL processes; including document parsing techniques
- Networking, compute, and storage technologies
- AWS Services (EC2, Network, ELB, S3/EBS, etc.)
- Container configuration and implementation -Docker or similar
- Scripting in Python, Perl, Bash
- Web services environment and technologies such as XML, KML, SOAP, and JSON
- Proficiency in trouble-shooting in very complex distributed environments including following stack traces back to code and identifying a root cause.
It’d be even better if you…
- COMPTIA Security+ certification
- You have Amazon AWS CLI and API experience
- You have COOP Planning, fault tolerance, high availability, and single point of failure (SPOF) analysis experience
This position requires the candidate to be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.